Our extensively experienced attorney has focused her entire career on estate planning as the foundation of her practice. We are skilled in estate and succession planning that reduces estate and gift tax liability, capital gains recognition, and income tax liability. We are also skilled in asset protection management (also known as creditor protection) in estate planning.
Mesnard Law Office represents high net worth individuals with complex planning and business succession needs; young couples planning to provide for their children; those in retirement who are wanting to organize their assets for their families; and individuals with basic estate planning needs.
Common estate planning documents include:
- Powers of attorney for health care and finances
- Living wills
- Deeds and titles
- Other estate planning vehicles, including tax filings
Estate planning issues and concerns often arise and are brought to an attorney for the following reasons:
- Caring for minors
- Elder care planning
- Planning for the modern family, including unmarried partners, second marriages and children from prior relationships
- Business succession
- Disability and special needs
- Tax reduction strategies
- Organization and efficiency of asset management
- Charitable planning and giving, including the creation of endowments, planned gifts and Section 501 entities